Hello Fans and Parents of St Regis Tigers!
Our teachers are working hard trying to figure out how best to provide educational services outside of school. I have tried to provide a daily update to keep you informed of our progress and news from CDC and our own County Health Department. I hope you find this information useful.
Dawn and Buffy have worked hard to get grab and go brreakfast and lunch bags prepared and out to kids 0-18 who need meals. Michelle has provided a lot of help in that regard, as well as Jen and other volunteers.
Derek has worked to set up the gym for the board meeting with a sound system so everyone can hear the discussion. We are also working to provide the board meeting online using Zoom. The program will require you to download it (free) and clicking the join the meeting button. If you have questions, please use the chat button. We will answer questions if they are related to the discussion of an agenda item. Statements for Public Forum will be taken at the end of the meeting. Details on how to join will be posted on our website and sent out via my community email list.
I have been impressed with how well the community has come together during this crisis:
- a local business has offered their WIFI for students who may need internet access
- a woman has four iPads avilable if students need them
- several people have volunteered to help sanitize common areas
- all of you have been patient as we work through how to deliver educational services to our students
I encourage you to continue practicing preventative measures to protect our senior citizens and those with health issues. Many of our students have underlying health issues that put them at risk or have parents/guardians with health issues. Good hygiene practices will protect all of us:
- wash hands requently with soap and water and for at least 20 seconds
- cough into a sleeve
- use tissues and discard them after use
- maintain distance from other people
- avoid those who are sick
- avoid visiting Grandma and Grandpa for a while, especially if you are sick
- wash clothing frequently if you have coughed or sneezed into sleeves
- disinfect commonly touched surfaces frequently: light switches, refrigerator handles, door knobs, keyboards, etc.
We will get through this and be back to our normal lives soon. School is certainly not the same without the smiling faces and laughter of your children. I am anxiously looking forward to their return.